Dear DryMatter Ltd and APC Agri Supplies Ltd Customer
GDPR – May 2018
1. We collect information about you:
(1) When you give it to us directly: You have given us your personal data to become a customer of ours or to enquire about products we provide.
(2) When you give it to us indirectly: Your information may be shared with us by others, when you follow us or otherwise interact with us on our social media pages, when you like and/or join our page on Facebook or twitter or interact with us in other ways online.
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data. We hold your name and contact details, including physical address, telephone numbers, email addresses, social media identities and information about your communication preferences.
Data protection law regards certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requires more protection. We do not collect nor store sensitive personal data about you.
3. How and why will we use your personal data?
We may use your personal information to: • Send you our Newsletters, leaflets or text message offers • Send statements, Invoices and account administration letters • Deal with enquiries made by you relating to us; Audit and/or administer our accounts.
4.We are required to have one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information.
Only 4 of these are relevant to us: • Personal information is processed on the basis of a person’s consent.- if you give your contact details at an event or show or if you contact us regarding product information we will ask if we can contact you in the future regarding further products and offers in our range. • Personal information is processed on the basis of a contractual relationship.- The majority of data will be kept on the grounds of the contractual relationship. If you place and order with us you are entering into a contract with us, we will require details such as name, address and telephone number. This data will be retained for future communications unless you request otherwise. * see section 8 • Personal information is processed on the basis of legal obligations – in some cases this is necessary for us to comply with the law. • Personal information is processed on the basis of legitimate interests.- occasionally this is necessary for our legitimate interest.
6. Other disclosures
7. Security of and access to your personal data
We endeavour to ensure that there are appropriate and proportionate technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, destruction, misuse, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or unauthorised access to your personal information.
Your information is only accessible by DryMatter/APC Agri supplies Ltd Administrators.
We do not use other agencies or suppliers to process data on our behalf. We do not transfer nor store personal data collected from you at any location outside the European Economic Area.
8. Your rights
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This includes the right to ask us to stop using your personal information for direct notification of our events or to be unsubscribed from our mailing/email/text list at any time. You also have the following rights:
(2) Right of access – you can write to or email us to ask for confirmation of what information we hold on you and to request a copy of that information. Provided we are satisfied that you are entitled to see the information requested and we have successfully confirmed your identity, we have 30 days to comply.
(3) Right of erasure – as from 25 May 2018, you can ask us for your personal information to be deleted from our records. However, it should be noted that in doing so you will lose the benefits of receiving special offers.
(4) Right of rectification – if you believe our records of your personal information are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records to be updated.
(5) Right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
(6) Right to data portability – to the extent required by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) where we are processing your personal information (i) under your consent, or (ii) because such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party, you may ask us to provide it to you in a machine-readable format.
9. Data retention
In general, we retain your personal information indefinitely. However, if (i) your personal information is no longer required, or (ii) we are no longer lawfully entitled to process it or (iii) you validly exercise your right of erasure, we will remove it from our records at the relevant time.
In the event that you ask us to stop sending you paper or electronic communications, we will keep your details on our internal suppression list to ensure that you are not contacted again.
10. Policy amendments